Monday, August 27, 2007

School Library Learning 2.0 Week 9, Exercise 23 -- Summarize/Reflect


What were our favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I really enjoyed trying new tools and then blogging about it. The blogging forced me to take the time to actually consider what I was doing. Flickr and its mashups were just plain fun. And how did I survive without an RSS feed and Del.icio.us? I use them everyday now. I know that I’m going to return again and again to the Sandbox wiki and Ning when I need inspiration.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

Parts of the learning stretched my comfort level, but yet I completed each task. This provided me with a sense of accomplishment that I have noticed is transferring into other areas. I’m creating a PowerPoint presentation with photos & video in it. Haven’t done that before, but how hard can it be? (says the woman who completed the Library2.0 class).

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

Well, by using mashups I can put very cool messages in my two nieces MySpace accounts now. They like that.

And I was surprised to meet so many interesting library people via Ning and blogs.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? Nothing comes to mind off hand.

The most important thing to do now is to create Library 2.1 :)

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?


You betcha and now that I know how great it is, I’ll talk my library friends into joining me.

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote CSLA learning activities?

Empowering

Enlightening

Inspiring

Librarians should, no must, lead the way to empower patrons with the technology skills that are needed to succeed in today’s quickly changing world.

This isn’t your mother’s reference service!

What do you want to say to the folks that brought you this online learning experience? (I added that question).

Thank-you so much. It’s been a blast!

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Congratulations! You haved successfully completed School Library Learning 2.0 -- and it looks like you had a great discovery learning experience. Consider yourself now a member of the 2.0 Team! Celebrate!

You said you'd like to share this course with your colleagues. That is the best way to keep learning -- by cheering others along. The CSLA 2.0 Team will be keeping this course (and a similar one for classroom teachers) online over the school year. Some districts and groups have expressed interest in becoming 2.0 Partners, so we are polishing a small Users Guide. Let us know if you or you district would like to become a 2.0 partner -- it is free, but you'd be the cheerleaders while we go back to work! Best wishes.

- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager