Sunday, August 5, 2007

School Library Learning 2.0 Week 7, Exercise 16 – Wikis

For this exercise I explored all of the examples and found most of them to be interesting. I was relieved to learn that I needed an ID or password to edit. The library instruction wikis were great, but I wish they had more for the K-5 crowd.

I can see a school wiki for our school improvement plan and a wiki involving our older students around a topic. One of the benefits, is that in a classroom all of the students could be involved.

On a side note, I just tried the newest version of Microsoft Word and found it has a page format for blogs. I'm typing this in Word to see if I like the result. (Alright, now I'm editing the result. Lost my clip art, which my text wrapped around. Mildly annoying, but it might be something I'm doing)

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Humm.. I'll have to check out that MS WORD blog format. Thanks for the "heads up."