Sunday, July 8, 2007

School Library Learning 2.0 Week 4, Exercise 9


#9 (Week 4) Locate a few useful School Library related blogs and/or new feeds

Some of this was covered for me in #8. Also, I added School Library Blogs on SuprGlu to my Google Reader. Cool site.

When I searched "school library learning 2.0" on Google’s Blog finder I got 92 hits in 32 seconds. I appreciate the feature that lets you limit your hits by time (last hour, last 12 hours, last day, past week, past month). I found myself in the hits :) I added the feed to my Google Reader (now there is a sentence I won’t have written before this class!).

I also evaluated topix.net and used it to find more interesting sites for my Google Reader. The blue bar that shows when the most activity is taking place is enlightening. I also found an amusing blog titled Everything I know about librarianship I learned from Star Wars from the Inquiring Librarian's blog.

1 comment:

Joanna Freeman said...

I love the Star Wars connection! That made me laugh, and made me want to watch the movies again to look for more!